Fathers Building Futures (FBF) has been dedicated to supporting NM fathers returning home from prison. Ensuring that they are ready and confident to not only return home to their families but also to ensure these men will be job ready to return to New Mexico’s work force. As an organizational outcome FBF fathers strive to become providers for their families, taxpayers, homeowners and contributing members of societyMORE DETAILS
Kevin is a successful homeowner and father of two, whose path to responsibility and took a few detours. He was in high school when his mother passed away and he ended up in the guardianship of his brother. His brother is a good person but enjoyed the “party” lifestyle.Read More
Fathers Building Futures is a social enterprise based in Albuquerque, NM. They are led by non-profit professionals as well as a team of formerly incarcerated parents who serve as mentors and supervisors to parents (mostly fathers) returning home from prison.Read More
It is no secret that racial minorities are overrepresented in the prison population compared to the total US population. According to Pew Research, in 2016, white Americans accounted for 64 percent of the total population, but only 30 percent of the prison population, with racial minorities accounting for the other 70 percent. It follows that families and children that are disrupted by a parent’s incarceration are primarily composed of racial minorities. 17 percent of Hispanic/Latino families will have at least one member of their immediate family incarcerated at some point.Read More
The dads at Fathers Building Futures built my family a dinner table that was built with the same love that is gathered around the table at each meal.Thank you.
We purchased this Lazy Susan at the Downtown Growers Market on Saturday. Love it! Fine craftsmanship and mission. Thank you.
So I needed a countertop for a new project in my kitchen at home. I remembered the incredible work I saw that was crafted by the men of the Fathers Building Futures program at PB&J Family Services. My Counter top needed to be 2 feet by 4 feet and at least 2 inches thick. What I found when I arrived at the workshop was more than I could have ever expected. I was given at least 5 choices of wood with recommendations from the craftsmen based on my description of intended uses. I made my selection and a week later I picked up a counter top that was highly polished and finished, crafted to my specifications and ready to use. It has become a conversation piece in my home and I continue to refer people to Fathers Building Futures where I know that the men take great pride in their work and guarantee the finest quality product. I love my counter top!